- Our fees for a full skin check are capped at an “out-of-pocket” cost of $68. (current as of Jan 2020)
- Most full check appointments are around 20 minutes, depending on the level of sun exposure to the skin, and number of moles and freckles, and lesions of concerns.
- The cost on the day may vary between $105 to $139, before the Medicare rebate is applied. After the rebate, the cost is capped at $68.
- Instant Medicare rebate refund is available.
- Concessions apply to aged pensioners above 65, Commonwealth Senior Health cards holders and Veterans. They are bulk billed.
- Normal private fees apply for holders of Health Care Cards, State Senior Cards, Disability Pensioner Cards and other concession cards.
- No additional out-of-pocket fees apply for simple punch or shave biopsies performed at a skin check consultation.
- Other surgical procedures are performed in dedicated procedural appointments. Refer to Procedures and Skin Cancer Surgery below.
Procedures and Skin Cancer Surgery
- These are performed in dedicated procedural sessions.
- Out of pocket fees apply except aged pensioners above 65, Commonwealth Senior Health cards holders and Veterans.
- Fees range from approximately $150 to $400 depending on the location, size and complexity of the lesion. The fee will be quoted prior to the procedure.
Appointments To Discuss Results
- These short appointments are bulk-billed. Please note we generally allow 5-6 minutes to provide with the necessary information and advice. Extended consultations at your request may incur additional fees.
- Private fees apply when further management is involved such as prescriptions and referrals.
Appointments To Review Topical Treatments ( eg. Efudix, Aldara)
- These appointments are bulk-billed when no other service is involved.
Dressing Change After Procedures
- These will be free or bulk-billed.
- A $15 surcharge applies
- Concessions do not apply. All appointments are privately billed.
- Telehealth appointments are only applicable for discussing results and reviewing treatments.
- The same applicable charges apply as per face-to-face appointments. See above for results discussion and topical cream treatment reviews.
- Those vulnerable of Covid-19 will be bulk-billed.
- Please note Telehealth appointments are not available on Saturdays.
Patients without Medicare
- Please advise our staff and doctors as fees vary depending on the services provided.
- Additional costs from pathology companies will apply without Medicare.
- As some of the fees are not within our control, please ensure these have been explained to your satisfaction prior to your appointment.